Sound Works Audio/Video Training!
— Custom, One-on-One Training from Sound Works! —
Sound Works is pleased to introduce our custom training services to the area! Unlike formal audio or video "schools", we are able to rapidly and directly get to the heart of the material, and get you working hands-on from day one, delivering the important knowledge and skills to you much more efficiently. Also, the customized, one-on-one training will allow you to focus on the areas of your primary interest, while still getting a solid overview of all the important areas. Plus, you get these for MUCH LESS COST and MUCH LESS TIME COMMITMENT than signing up for a school!
Features of Our Training Program
- Audio & Video Production Courses
- Introductory Programs Starting at only $495
- One-on-One, Customized Training
- Work Directly With Highly Experienced Audio/Video Engineer & Producer
- Emphasis on Hands-On, Practical Skills & Knowledge
- Audio Courses from Beginner to Advanced
- Audio Covers Tracking, Editing, Mixing, Mastering, Location Recording, Music Production, & More!
- Video Courses for Beginners & Intermediate Level
- Video includes Shoot, Edit, Special Effects,
DVD Production & Online Distribution
- Have a Small Group? Discounts Available!
Audio Production I - Beginner - 12 hours - $495
Covers the basics of acoustic sound, basic recording, mic techniques, introduction to DAW (digital audio editing), mixing basics, basic overview of EQ and common effects, etc.
Audio Production II - Intermediate- 20 hours - $795
Deep dive into DAW editing and mixing techniques, basic location recording, MIDI production and editing, pitch correction, EQ, Compression, Reverb, Delay and more.
Audio Production III - Advanced- 20 hours - $795
Audio Restoration, Audio Merging, Multi-take Comping, Mastering, Music Production, and customized to interests of client.
Our Program vs. an A/V School
A question we're often asked is "why choose our training program over an audio or video production school?" Well, while those programs may be appropriate for someone who is wanting to move to a major media center and work for a large broadcaster or film studio (e.g. Disney), they are honestly quite inefficient as far as practical skills, and a tremendous waste of time and expense for those just wanting to work in a home studio or work at or start a local/small production studio. Also, even for those looking at schools, our courses are a great, inexpensive way to get exposed to the industry and the skills needed before making that larger commitment.
Advantages Over a Formal School
- Much less total time commitment - a few weeks of intermittent course sessions vs months or YEARS of regular or even full time commitment.
- MUCH LESS EXPENSIVE - save from thousands to LITERALLY tens-of-thousands of dollars!
- Focused on the nitty-gritty - no fluff -- hands-on - dealing with the practical only!
- Work one-on-one with a 40 year-plus experienced audio engineer/producer/musician who is running an active, working studio.
- Courses customized to your needs and interests. Work at your own pace and your own style.